The Etgar Handbook
The Etgar Handbook aims to cover most of the basic information that a young literate Jewish person should know.
It can be roughly divided into the following components:
- The Jewish Calendar – Days of the Week, Shabbat, Festivals, Fasts and Special Days.
- Jewish History – Tannaim, Amoraim, Rishonim and Acharonim.
- Israel – Map, Jerusalem, Key Historical Figures & Events
- Jewish Texts – including Tanach and Mishnah
- Mitzvot – Kashrut, Shabbat, Charity, Saving Lives.
- Brachot – before and after food, and other brachot for special events.
- Numbers and Gematriah – basic mastery.
- The Temple – the contents of the Mishkan and Priestly Garments